Kaiser Permanente Bridge Program
To be eligible for the Kaiser Permanente Bridge Program, you must be a Georgia State University Undergraduate or Graduate student, currently enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Health Informatics (accepted into the program, not pre-health informatics)
- Nursing (accepted into the nursing program, not exploratory students)
- Nutrition (accepted into the program, not pre-nutrition students)
- Occupational Therapy (accepted into the OTM program)
- Respiratory Therapy (accepted into the program, not exploratory students)
- Social Work (accepted into the School of Social Work, not pre-social work students)
- Physical Therapy (accepted into the DPT program)
Requirements for eligibility include:
- The Applicant must be a GSU student currently enrolled in one of the above programs
- The Applicant and all applying dependents* must live in Kaiser Permanente’s metro Atlanta 20 county service area
- The annual aggregate household income of the Applicant and all dependents must be less than the current income guidelines of 100% of the federal poverty guidelines (chart below)
- The Applicant and all applying dependents cannot be eligible for financial assistance through the Georgia Health Insurance Exchange; cannot be legible for public programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, PeachCare for Kids; and cannot have access to an affordable job-based health plan (plans exceeding 9.69% of the employee’s household income are considered not affordable)
- The applicant must be 64 or younger, and all child dependents must be younger than 26
- No Applicant and/or applying dependent(s) cannot have been previously enrolled in the Kaiser Permanente Bridge Program
- Completion of an application and submission of required supporting documents
- Signed Attestation/Verification Form with University designee’s signature (Contact Felisha Norrington at (404) 413-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment)
*Bartow, Butts, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Lamar, Newton, Paulding, Pike, Rockdale, Spalding, and Walton counties.
|Monthly Gross Income||Annual Gross Income|
Please follow these steps to learn more and/or to apply for the program:
- Review the Kaiser Permanente Bridge Program flyer and brochure.
- Review the Bridge Program Overview PowerPoint which includes instructions for completing the application
- Complete the Kaiser Permanente for Individuals & Families (KPIF) Application AND the Community Benefit Subsidy Eligibility Form
- Print the Community Partner Verification Form and have the authorized Georgia State University staff member sign your Community Partner Verification Form (see ‘Requirements for eligibility’ above).
- Include all supporting documentation requested on the document check listwith your applications. Be sure to sign and submit the document check list.
- Mail the completed KPIF Application, Community Health Subsidy Eligibility Form and all supporting documentation to:
California Service Center
PO Box 939095
San Diego, CA 92193-9095
Please be patient and allow 30 days for your application to be processed. If you have questions/issues, contact the Member Services Contact Center at 1-888-865-5813. Be sure to provide the representative your name, date of birth, and the date you applied.
Please click on the link and review the following documents:
If you have any questions about the program or the application process, direct all queries to the Kaiser Permanente Bridge Program (404) 364-3811 or email@example.com.