The Department of Physical Therapy at Georgia State University participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. Applicants applying to the entry-level doctor of physical therapist education program will apply online using the PTCAS application. To learn more about the PTCAS application process, visit www.ptcas.org
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program is an entry-level professional program for the student who holds a baccalaureate degree in any field of study. The degree must be completed before enrollment into the DPT program and should be in a student’s area of interest. The admissions process begins in early July. Only applications completed and verified by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed.
The program has determined that its curriculum meets the state educational requirements for licensure or certification in all states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands secondary to its accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education based on the following: Accreditation of a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant program baby CAPTE satisfies state educational requirements in all states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Thus, students graduating from CAPTE-accredited physical therapist and physical therapist assistant education programs are eligible to take the National Physical Therapy Examination and apply for licensure in all states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more information regarding state qualifications and licensure requirements, please refer to the Federation of state Boards of Physical Therapy website at www.fsbpt.org.
PTCAS Application Instructions
- Send all official transcripts to PTCAS
- Complete entire application
- Self-report all GRE scores
- Two references are required. PTCAS allows you to add up to four.
GSU Graduate Application Instructions
Applicants are required to submit the supplemental application and $50 application fee. Your application will not be processed without the application fee.
- Create a new application.
- Select 2022 GSU/CAS-Liaison Programs from the drop down box
- As you complete the application, please select “Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions” as the college.
- Please select “Physical Therapy; Doctor of Physical Therapy” as the program.
- Please select “Summer 2022” as the term.
Georgia State’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program uses PTCAS to receive transcripts and to calculate GPA. Please be aware that all coursework and grades that an applicant wants to be considered need to be included on the transcript(s) sent to PTCAS at the time of application submission. PTCAS does not re-verify coursework or grades submitted after an application is submitted until the Fall Academic Update. Example: Applicants submitting their applications under early decision submit early (before summer grades are typically released). Any coursework completed after an application is submitted will not be considered, as it won’t be verified by PTCAS.
- Take the GRE
- Have ETS send your official scores to GSU (using code 5251)
- Create an account with PTCAS
- Have all official transcripts sent to PTCAS
- Complete the PTCAS application
- Submit fees to PTCAS
- Create a profile for the GSU Graduate application
- Complete the GSU Graduate application
- Submit the $50 electronically, when you submit the GSU Graduate application online
An application is complete when:
- At least (1) set of GRE scores received
GRE scores and transcripts take the longest time to be received and processed. When deciding when to take the GRE test and/or when to order and submit your transcript(s), please take this into account.
- GSU Graduate application received
- PTCAS application is complete & verified
- All official transcripts received by PTCAS
Check your status through GoSolar
You may check the status of your application online by clicking the button below and choosing “Admissions Status.” Please allow three weeks after submitting your application to check its status. If you are unable to access your application status, please contact the Office of Academic Assistance.
2021-2022 Admissions Timeline
- June 15, 2021 – Application portals fully open
- Priority Review applications begin to be processed
- Aug 16, 2021 – Priority Review Deadline
- Priority Review applications processed and reviewed
- Early September 2021 – Priority Review Interviews
- Priority Decision Letters Sent
- Oct 15, 2021 – Hard Deadline
- All other applications processed and reviewed
- Fall 2021 – Interview Day
- Dec 2021 – Decision Letters Sent
- June 2022 – Program starts (Class of 2025)
The PTCAS application portal opens June 15, 2021. Please keep this in mind when sending PTCAS admission materials.
The PTCAS application/fee and supplemental GSU Graduate application/fee are required to apply. It is your responsibility to submit the application and fee in sufficient time to meet the deadline. Here is the link to the supplemental application:https://gradapply.gsu.edu/apply/.
It is your choice whether you will abide by the suggested submission dates below. It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit admission materials in sufficient time to meet the appropriate deadline. PTCAS processing may take up to 5 weeks, once all required materials are received. E-submit as soon as your application is done. Don’t wait for PTCAS to receive your materials. Please note what changes can be made to your PTCAS application after e-submitting here.
Priority Decision Deadline: Aug 16, 2021
Note: This option is for applicants that feel that Georgia State is their 1st choice. Priority applicants can expect to interview around Sept 15 and receive their decision by Sept 25.
Hard Deadline: Oct 15, 2021
Suggested Submission Dates
|Deadline||Requirement||Last Suggested Date to Submit|
|Priority Review||GRE||July 5, 2021|
|Transcripts||July 5, 2021|
|PTCAS application||July 5, 2021|
|GSU Graduate application||August 2, 2021|
|Hard Deadline||GRE||Sept 6, 2021|
|PTCAS application||Sept 6, 2021|
|Transcripts||Sept 6, 2021|
|GSU Graduate application||Oct 1, 2021|
Acceptance into the program is contingent on your successfully completing the classes listed on your application (you must receive a minimum of a C on your prerequisites) and forwarding your final transcripts and volunteer hours, if applicable.