- Graduation from a Georgia Board of Nursing approved Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse program.
- Acceptance to Georgia State Perimeter College with nursing as the designated major.
- Current license to practice as Licensed Practical Nurse in Georgia.
- One letter of reference - A professional reference from current or past employer and indicate length of employment and duties.
- Cumulative grade point average minimum 2.8 for general education courses.
- Cumulative science grade point average minimum 3.0 in science courses.
- Completion of all Georgia State core requirements areas A-E prior to acceptance to the nursing program is preferred.
- No more than 1 prerequisite course (3-4 credits) may be outstanding at time of admission.
- A minimum grade of C or higher is required for all prerequisites.
- ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam taken within the last 2 years. Minimum requirements for TEAS; Adjusted Overall Score of 63, Reading and Math scores of 68.
What does it cost?
Check out our cost calculator or visit student financial services for information on estimated costs.
How long will it take?
Where will I take classes?
Atlanta Campus, Clarkston, Online (some courses)
During the first two semesters, classes are held on the Perimeter Campus, while in the last four semesters, all classes are on the Atlanta Campus.
Application Deadlines View Admissions Requirements
- Summer: January 15
Nursing, LPN to BSN Bridge Program
The LPN to BSN Bridge Program is designed for the working licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse who desires to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. In our busy fast-paced society, it can be challenging to balance work, school and family responsibilities. The combination of online and face-to-face classes allows flexibility and supports student success. Clinical rotations in acute care and community-based agencies afford students opportunities to build competence and clinical judgment skills in real world settings.
Graduates of the program are eligible to take the NCLEX examination for Registered Nurses. To apply for the program students must apply and be admitted to Georgia State Perimeter College. Admission to the program is once per year in the summer.
The program consists of six semesters of nursing major coursework (47 credit hours) after completion of the university core curriculum. Upon successful completion of all nursing major coursework, 18 articulation credit hours will be awarded based on clinical and didactic knowledge gained from your LPN or LVN program.
For up-to-date curriculum requirements, please visit the catalog.
Graduates of the LPN-BSN Bridge Program are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Benefits of a BSN degree include but are not limited to:
- Higher earning potential
- Preparation for broader scope of practice
- Increased career advancement opportunities
- Strengthens analytical and clinical reasoning skills
- Establishes academic foundation for graduate and doctoral studies
Enhanced understanding of the interplay and impact of social, cultural, economic, geographical and political factors on health care delivery and patient outcomes.
Obtaining your BSN expands your career and educational opportunities. As a baccalaureate prepared nurse, new avenues for career advancement will be available to you. With a BSN you are academically prepared to pursue master and doctoral degrees to further expand your skills and knowledge and advance your career.
The information shared provides an overview of Georgia State’s offerings. For details on admissions requirements, tuition, courses and more, refer to the university catalogs.