Application requirements vary for the traditional, ACE and RN to B.S. degree options.
Students applying to the ACE bachelor of science with a major in nursing must:
- Complete an online application.
- Write a two-page, double-spaced position paper (essay) on a healthcare or social issue. Attached to the online application and be sure to include the full name on the first page and add a work citation page.
- Supply two letters of recommendation (submitted before the application deadline).
1. Each letter of recommendation submitted must be on an official letterhead providing the complete address of the company or affiliated organization.
2. One letter must be academic (preferably college level); the other may be academic or professional.
3. Letters must include full name, title/position, telephone number and organization affiliated.
4. Each letter should be signed with an authentic recommender’s handwritten signature or electronic digital signature, dated and in the appropriate letter format. No computer signatures will be accepted unless using software to allow a digital signature.
5. Academic references must be placed on letterhead to avoid a reduction in application points.
Take the Test Essential Academic Skills-TEAS. Students must create an online profile with atitesting.com to register for the TEAS exam at Georgia State and other testing locations.
- Admission requirements effective for any student under the fall 2013 catalog and forward.
- The minimum science and program GPA needed to apply is 3.30.
- A person may only apply to the program twice.
- If you repeat any science prerequisites, note that the first and second attempts only will be calculated into the science GPA.
- A student who has a Georgia State institutional GPA below a 3.0 at the end of their first semester is ineligible.
- A student who has a Georgia State institutional GPA below 3.30 at the end of their third semester at Georgia State is ineligible to apply to the program.
(Definitions: program GPA = Georgia State core curriculum plus prerequisites; state institutional GPA = only courses taken at Georgia State.)
Engl 1101 (Composition I)
Engl 1102 (Composition II)
Math 1101 (Math Modeling) OR Math 1111(College Algebra)
Biol 1110K (Human Anatomy and Physiology I w/lab)***
Biol 1120K (Human Anatomy and Physiology II w/lab)***
(***Course cannot be older than five years old)
Biol 2300 & 2310 (Microbiology and Public Health w/lab)
Choose a completed science sequence Survey of Chemistry I and II OR Introductory Biology I and II:
Chem 1151K (Survey of Chemistry I w/lab)
Chem 1152K (Survey of Chemistry II w/lab) OR
Biol 1103K (Introductory Biology I w/lab)
Biol 1104K (Introductory Biology II w/lab)
Math Modeling (MATH 1101) or College Algebra (MATH 1111)
MATH 1401 (Statistics)
HIST 2110 (US History)
Core Curriculum (Areas B, C and E)****
English 1101 and 1102 (English Composition I and II)
NURS 2010 (Intro to Human Development)
PSYCH 3140 (Abnormal Psychology)
Communications & Cultural Diversity (SNHP 3000)