Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia (1993)
St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri (1977)
Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, Illinois (1972)
Adult Nurse Practitioner, ANCC, certified 1981-Present
Primary Care; Women’s Health; Menopause; Headach
Women and migraines, qualitative research and internet-based research
- Moloney, M.F., Johnson, C. (2011). Migraine headaches: Diagnosis and management.Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health 56:282-292. (featured Continuing Education offering)
- Moloney, M.F., Aycock, D.S., Cotsonis, G.A., Myerburg, S., Farino, C., Lentz, M., Johnson, C.J. (2011). (abstract) “Women’s symptoms, triggers and migraine predictions in an Internet-based diary study. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 51(S1):18.
- Moloney, M.F., Cranwell-Bruce, L. (2010). Pharmacological management of migraine headaches. The Nurse Practitioner 35(9), 16-22. (featured Continuing Education offering)
- Moloney, M.F. (2010). Headache. In Menopause practice: A Clinician’s Guide (4th ed.) Cleveland: the North American Menopause Society. (invited, revision of previous publication)
- Lee, S., Aycock, D.M., Moloney, M., Harris, S., Barnes-Mellstrom, W., Thomas, J. (2010). (Abstract) Circadian activity rhythms and sleep among postpartum women with a low birth weight infant in the ICU. SLEEP, 33(2), pA225.
- Dennis, T.R., Moloney, M.F. (2009). Surviving postpartum depression and choosing to be a mother. Southern Online Journal of Nursing Research 9(4).
- Moloney, M.F., Aycock, D.M., Cotsonis, G.S., Myerburg, S., Farino, C., Lentz, M. (2009). An Internet-based migraine headache diary: Issues in Internet-based research. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 49;673-686.
- Moloney, M.F., Strickland, O.L., DeRossett, S.E., Melby, M.K., Dietrich, A.S. (2006). The experiences of midlife women with migraines. Journal of Nursing Scholarship 38(3):278-285.
- Risjord, M., Dunbar, S., Moloney, M.F. (2006). A new foundation for methodological triangulation. In: Mixed Methods. (Bryman, A., ed.). London: Sage, 2006. (reprint of
journal article, above)
- Moloney, M.F. (2006). Migraine Headaches. In: Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause (The Boston Women’s Health Book Collective). New York: Simon & Schuster. pp. 285-289.
- Moloney, M.F., Strickland, O.L., Dietrich, A., Myerburg, S. (2004). Online data collection in women’s health research: A study of perimenopausal women with migraines. The National Women’s Studies Association Journal 16(3): 70-92.
- Strickland, O., Moloney, M.F., Dietrich, A.S., Myerburg, S., Cotsonis, G., Johnson, R (2003). Measurement issues related to collecting data on the World Wide Web. Advances in Nursing Science 26(4):246-256.
- Moloney, M.F., Dietrich, A.S., Strickland, O.L., Myerburg, S. (2003). Using Internet discussion boards as virtual focus groups. Advances in Nursing Science 26(4):274-286.
Externally Funded Research
Lee, Shih-Yu, PI, Bakeman, F, Moloney, M.F., Co-I. Promoting sleep in mothers of low birth weight infants: A pilot study. National Institute of Nursing Research and the National Institutes of Health. (2008 – 2011)
Moloney, M.F., PI. An Internet-based educational intervention for women with migraines. Endo Pharmaceuticals. $51,352 direct & indirect costs. (2008 – 2009)
Moloney, M.F., P.I., Myerburg, S. An Internet-based diary study of women with migraines. R-21, National Institute of Nursing Research and the National Institutes of Health, $365,853 direct & indirect costs. (2006 – 2008)
Moloney, M.F., P.I., Strickland, O.L. Migraines in midyears women following hysterectomy. P20 pilot grant (Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University), National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, $19,645 direct & indirect costs. (2005 – 2006)
Dunbar, S., P.I., Deaton, C., Moloney, M.F., Co-I. PASSAT Study. Medtronic, Inc. $19,193 01-02 to 01-03. (2002 — 2003)
Moloney, M.F., P.I., Strickland, O. An Internet study of migraines in perimenopausal women. Academic Research Enhancement Award (R-15). National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health. $152,000 direct & indirect costs. (2001 – 2004)