EdD in Adult Education, University of Georgia 1999
Dissertation Title: A Self-Assessment of Critical Thinking Behaviors in Respiratory Care
MBA in Business Administration, Kennesaw State College 1989
BS in Respiratory Therapy, Medical College of Georgia 1982
- Respiratory Care
- Chronic Disease Management of pulmonary diseases
- Critical Thinking in Respiratory Care
Chronic respiratory disease management and education, particularly as it relates to asthma, tuberculosis, tobacco education, and education of respiratory care professionals.
Culbreath RR, Goodfellow LT. (2016) ECMO and prone positioning in respiratory failure: a systematic literature review. Respiratory Care, 61 (2) 249-254. (refereed). Data-based manuscript
Hawsawi AM, Bryant LO, Goodfellow LT. (2015) Association between exposure to secondhand smoke during pregnancy and low birthweight: a narrative review. Respiratory Care, 60 (1) 135-140. (refereed). Data-based manuscript
Goodfellow LT. (2016) “Professional Organizations” In Respiratory Care Principles and Practice by Dean Hess, Neil MacIntyre, Shelley Mishoe, Bill Galvin, and Alex Adams. 3rd ed. Jones and Bartlett Learning Publisher, ISBN: 978-1-284-050000-4
Goodfellow LT. Foreword – Equipment for Respiratory Care by Teresa Volsko, Robert Chatburn, and Mohamad El-Khatib. Jones & Bartlett Learning. 2016 ISBN: 978-1-4496-5283-8
Goodfellow LT. Foreword – Respiratory Care Clinical Competency Lab Manual by Sandra T. Hinski, Elsevier Publisher. 2014. ISBN: 978-0-323-10057
“Respiratory Therapy: Advancing Practice Beyond 2015” Keynote address, Iowa Society Respiratory Care Annual Meeting, Des Moines, IA, April 21, 2016.
“A Systematic Review of Complications of Adding Prone Positioning during ECMO for Oxygenation Failure.” Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA. January 2016.
“The Effect of Teaching Method for Mechanical Ventilation in Respiratory Therapy Education” European Respiratory Society. September 10, 2014. Munich, Germany.
“When East Meets West – Complementary and Alternative Asthma Management: A Case-Based Approach” Association of Asthma Educators Annual Meeting. August 2, 2013, Charleston, SC.
“Student Engagement in Respiratory Care” AARC Summer Forum July 15, 2013, Orlando, FL
Goodfellow LT (PI). As assessment of knowledge of asthma and the use of Certified Asthma Educators (AE-Cs) in a Health Law Partnership Legal Services Clinic. July 2015, $5,800. SP00011967
- American Association for Respiratory Care
- Georgia Society for Respiratory Care
- Association of Asthma Educators
- Southeast Thoracic Society
- Lambda Beta Society for Respiratory Care
- Coalition on Baccalaureate and Graduate Respiratory Therapy Education (CoBGRTE)
- Service: Vice-President of Internal Affairs, American Association of Respiratory Therapy
- National Asthma Educators Certification Board of Directors
Awards and Honors
- 2013 Education Section – Practitioner of the Year Award, American Association for Respiratory Care
- 2013 Editor’s Pen – Respiratory Care Journal