Doctorate in Physical Therapy
Masters in Physical Therapy
Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Gross Anatomy I and II
- Functional Anatomy I and II
- PT Interventions III
- PT Interventions IV
- PT Management: Musculoskeletal Series I-IV
- Professional Practice II
- Clinical Internships I-V
- PT Elective: Advanced Musculoskeletal
- Evidence Based Practice II and III
Professional Service Activities
- Member of the APTA and PTAG
- Curriculum Committee Chair for Department of Physical Therapy
- Academic Affairs Committee Chair for Department of Physical Therapy
- Member of Admissions Committee for Department of Physical Therapy
- Member of Academic Affairs Committee for Lewis School
- Member of Interprofessional Education Committee for Lewis School
- Service with Farmworker Family Health Project annually in Moultrie Georgia
Honors and Awards
- Awarded the Lewis College Teaching Excellence Award July 2020
- Awarded the Achievement in Education Award March 2019
Physical Therapy Association of Georgia
- Recipient of the 2017 USG Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award for Department and Programs.
- Co-recipient of the 2016 Carl V. Patton President’s Award for Community Service and Social Justice: Outstanding University Program
Journal Articles Published (refereed)
1. Nguyen, L.Y., Harris, K.D., Morelli, K.M., Tsai, L.C. Increased knee flexion and varus moments during gait with high-heel shoes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Gait Posture 2021; 85: 117-125. DOI: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2021.01.017
2. Frank R., Tsai L.C., Garcia J., Chong B., Hodgens M., Morelli K.M. The effect of lumbopelvic joint manipulation and traditional quadriceps strengthening on improving knee extensor muscle activation and torque production: a randomized controlled trial. J Exerc Sports Orthop 2019; 6(2): 1-8. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15226/2374- 6904/6/2/00181.
3. Morelli K.M., Martin B.R., Charakla F.H., Durmisevic A., Warren G.L. Acromion morphology and prevalence of rotator cuff tear: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Clin Anat 2019; 32(1): 122-130 https://doi.org/10.1002/ca.23309.
4. Morelli K.M., Brown L.B., Warren G.L. The effect of NSAIDs on recovery from acute skeletal muscle injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Sports Med 2018; 46(1): 224-233. doi: 10.1177/0363546517697957.
Journal Articles – Accepted (awaiting publication)
1. Lorio, A.K., Galen, S., Morelli, K. Gore, J. Student perceptions and outcome of total on-line (SPOT-ON) curriculum shift during the COVID-19 crisis…can students still learn remotely? J Allied Health (accepted).
1. The Student Technology Fee, Georgia State University
Title: Electrotherapeutic Modalities for PT and OT Student Learning
7/2020 – 6/2021; Amount Awarded $12,000
Role: Principal Investigator
2. Lewis College Teaching Excellence Award
Title: Addition of VR for student learning of human gross anatomy
7/2020 – 6/2022; Amount Awarded $10,000
Role: Principal Investigator