PhD-Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO (2019)
MSN-Nursing, Loyola University New Orleans, New Orleans, LA (2008)
Diploma-Nursing, St. Elizabeth Hospital School of Nursing, Lafayette, IN (1995)
Bachelor of Arts-Journalism, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN (1993)
Woman’s Health-antepartum, postpartum, well-newborn care
Dr. Clark’s program of research is family caregiving, specifically grandparents raising grandchildren. Her dissertation examined the relationship of parenting self-efficacy and psychological well-being (anxiety and depression) among custodial grandmothers.
- Skemp, L. E. & Clark, K. C. (2016). Why Would an Obstetrical Nurse Be Interested in Gerontology? Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 42(4), 3-5.
- Clark, K. C., Guerin, S. T., Skemp, L. E., Epps, F. & Specht, J. (2015). Implementing Gerontological Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines in a BSN Curriculum. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 41(7), 21-28. doi:10.3928/00989134-20150429-81
- Clark, K. C. (2019). Custodial grandparents: An analysis of parenting and its impact on health. Poster presented at The Gerontological Society of America Annual Meeting, Austin TX.
- Clark, K. C. (2019). Custodial grandparents: An exploration of parenting self-efficacy and psychological well-being. Poster presented at Midwest Nursing Research Society Conference, Cleveland, OH.
- Clark, K. C. ( 2018). Identifying the needs and stressors affecting the physical and psychological health of custodial grandparents raising grandchildren. Poster presented Midwest Nursing Research Society Conference, Cleveland, OH.
- Clark, K. C. & Guerin, S. T. (2014). Integrating gerontological nursing evidence-based practice guidelines in nursing. Podium Presentation at Academy for Gerontology in Higher Learning, Denver, CO.
- Clark, K. C. & Guerin, S. T. (2014). Integrating gerontological nursing evidence-based practice guidelines in nursing. Poster presentation at The Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting, Washington, DC.
Association of Women, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses
Gerontological Society of America
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
Awards and Honors
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Future of Nursing Scholar, University of Missouri