Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California
Bachelors of Science, University of Southern California
Dr. Jacob Irwin, PT, DPT, MTC joins our faculty in a unique new position as the practice manager of our first physical therapy practice clinic. He comes to us from private practice; he founded and has operated Pro Performance Therapy for the past seven years with offices in Gwinnett and Forsyth. Dr. Irwin has taught part-time for our PT program and has also been a clinical instructor for other PT programs, including those at Columbia, Duke, and Emory universities and the University of Southern California.
He holds a Doctor of Physical Therapy from the University of Southern California. His passion and research interests are in the study of biomechanics and prevention of injuries in sports through exercise-based approach to therapy. Dr. Irwin lectures across the country, providing continuing education to other healthcare professionals. Dr. Irwin serves as a physical therapist to the U.S. bobsled/skeleton teams while they compete in the World Cup around the world.
1278 Urban Life
- Orthopedics with emphasis on sports rehabilitation
- Private practice management
- Assessment of blood flow changes in tendinopathy to direct manual treatments
- Hip strength and range of motion and its effect on back pain
- Assessment techniques for orthopedic injuries.
- Opened, manage, and clinician for the Georgia State University Physical Therapy Clinic and Wellness Center
- Committee member: Admissions committee
- Speaker: UGA Rho Tau club
- Delegate to the American Physical Therapy Association’s House of Delegates.