M.M.Sc., Clinical Nutrition
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia (1977)
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia (1976)
B.S., Nutrition and Dietetics
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan (1975)
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Supervised PracticeMedical
- Nutrition Therapy
- Abercrombie E, Greenbaum LA, Baxter DH, Hopkins B. Effect of intensified diet education on serum phosphorus and knowledge of pediatric peritoneal dialysis patients. J Ren Nutr. 2010; 20(3):193-8.
- O’Neil K, Jonnalagadda S, Hopkins B, Kicklighter J. Quality of life and diabetes knowledge of youths with type 1 diabetes: Influence of treatment modalities and demographics. Journal of The American Dietetic Association, 2005, 105, 85 – 91.
- Shah T, Jonnalagadda SS, Kicklighter JR, Diwan S, Hopkins BL. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome risk factors among young adult Asian Indians.J Immigr Health. 2005; 7(2):117-26.
- Williams FH, Hopkins B, Swanson I, Beer JL: Nutrition in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. In DeLisa J (ed): Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 4th ed. Lippincott-Raven Publishers, Philadelphia, 2004.
Professional Service Activities
- Greater Atlanta Dietetic Association, President-Elect 2011-2012
- Georgia Dietetic foundation, Trustee 1998-Present
- Georgia Dietetic Association, Poster Session/Professional Exchange Chair 2007-2011
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Dietitian, State of Georgia, 1998