Master of Science in Health Sciences Program Admissions
You may check the status of your application online by choosing “Admissions Status” at student.gosolar.gsu.edu. Please allow three weeks after the application deadline to check your status. If you are unable to access your application status, please contact the Office of Academic Assistance.
A complete packet includes an application and supplemental information:
1. Online Application and $50.00 application fee (on-line preferred). The online application includes:
- Application for graduate study at Georgia State
- Statement of Professional Goals (two typed pages maximum)
- Two letters of Recommendation (one from a professor and one from an employer/supervisor) using the GSU Nutrition Recommendation Form
- Resume outlining work, volunteer and professional organization experience
- Residency form
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION (collect and submit items 2-4 in a single packet to the address provided at the bottom of the page)
2. Official transcripts from each college and/or university attended, except from Georgia State University. Transcripts are required regardless of length of stay or whether the grades are listed on another school’s transcript.
- If you are enrolled in another graduate program at Georgia State University, you may complete a Request for Transfer of Records in your current colleges graduate admissions office. If you have attended Georgia State University in an undergraduate status, all transcripts, except Georgia State’s, must be sent; these transcripts are not available for our use.
NOTE: Grade Point Average >3.0. is required for all coursework completed prior to the application.
3. Foreign Student Financial Statement (for international applicants seeking a student visa). See International Applicants document.
The following items are needed but not included in the packet you mail to the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Certificate of Immunization. This is required for accepted applicants who have never attended Georgia State University. If admitted, you must submit this form to Georgia State University Health Services prior to registration. The form can be printed from www.gsu.edu/health.
- Official TOEFL score (for applicants whose native language is not English). If available, please include a copy of your TOEFL score in your application packet.
- International credential evaluation (for applicants who have completed any education outside the U.S.). See International Applicants document.
Contact information for the Office of Admissions—Graduate Programs
Mailing address (U.S. Postal Service)
Office of Admissions-Graduate Programs
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4018
Atlanta, GA 30302
If you have questions, please contact us at 404-413-1000 or [email protected].