Ready to elevate your career?
The online registered dental hygienist (R.D.H.) to a bachelor of science dental hygiene (B.S.) degree completion program was created with working professionals, like you, in mind. The program, available for part-time or full-time study, allows you to work or fulfill family obligations. Georgia State will help you tailor your course scheduled based on your existing dental hygiene career and personal and professional educational needs and goals.
- B.S. in dental hygiene degree program is completed with continuing studies after completing an associate degree at an accredited school of dental hygiene.
- Program opens new career avenues in education, program administration, public health, advanced clinical practice, specialized patient care and research.
- Courses emphasize evidence-based practice in the biomedical, behavioral and clinical sciences. All courses meet online. Some courses available on-demand 24 hours a day, while others meet online at specific dates and times.
- Out-of-state students may qualify for in-state tuition.
- Courses created to ensure graduates step into leadership roles and find diverse jobs.
- Students benefit from Georgia State’s interprofessional education emphasis among life sciences students such as dental hygiene, respiratory therapy or nursing.
- Provides the prospect for new, expanded careers while enhancing the dental hygienist’s opportunities, skills, background knowledge, and professional values.
- Available to all graduates of accredited schools of dental hygiene (including Perimeter College)
- Design a portion of your curriculum to meet your career goals.
- Transfer your new expertise to the work setting immediately after course completion.
The core curriculum contains 42 hours of coursework arranged in five Areas (Core Curriculum, Areas A – E), and 18 hours in students’ field of study (Area F) for a total of 60 credit hours. Graduates of associate degree dental hygiene programs typically have 8*** remaining prerequisite courses to be completed for the BS in Dental Hygiene:
- ENGL 1102 (3) – English Composition II
- MATH 1401 (3) – Elementary Statistics, MATH 1113 (3) Precalculus, or higher MATH course
- Institutional Option course – Choose 1
- PHIL 1010 (2) – Critical Thinking
- PERS 2001 (2) – Perspectives on Comparative Culture
- PERS 2002 (2) – Scientific Perspectives on Global Problems
- PERS 2003 (2) – Perspectives on Human Expression
- PHIL 2030 (3) – Intro to Ethics
- 1 Humanities course (3) – Any Fine Arts or World Language course
- CNHP 2010 (3) – Intro to Medical Terminology
- CHEM 1152K (4) – Survey of Chemistry with Lab
- Global Perspectives – Choose 1
- POLS 2401 (3) – Global Issues
- ECON 2100 (3) – Global Economics
- HIST 1111 (3) – Survey of World History to 1500 or HIST 1112 (3) – Survey of World History since 1500
***could be more prerequisites depending on transfer evaluation
For full RDH to BS degree completion curriculum and admission requirements, visit here.
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3995
Atlanta, GA 30302