Congratulations Class of 2023!
- All master’s students may participate in the university’s graduate commencement ceremony on May 4 at 9 a.m. at the Georgia State University Convocation Center. More information may be found here.
- All undergraduate students may participate in the undergraduate commencement ceremony for the Lewis College on Friday, May 5. More information may be found here.
- All DNP and DPT candidates will be hooded at the Lewis College doctorate commencement and hooding on Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 1:30 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom. Tickets are required and there is a limit of ten guests per graduate.
- Ph.D. candidates will be hooded on Monday, May 1 at 7 p.m. at Rialto Center for the Arts.
For details on the university’s Commencement Ceremony, click here.
Information for Students
All students who are participating should wear an appropriate graduation cap and robe and the tassel must be black or Georgia State royal blue.
All doctoral candidates should also have a hood for the ceremony. A hood is included in your regalia order when you place the order through the official vendor, Herff Jones or you may borrow one from a previous graduate. Regalia orders through the bookstore were due in late March.
A photographer from Grad Images will be taking photos throughout the ceremony. Details on purchasing photos will be made available on this website and via email following the event. Please submit your name and permanent email address to [email protected] by April 27.
Please report to the West Exhibit area (second floor lobby of Urban Life) no later than 1:00 p.m. for check-in. Group photos begin at 1:00 p.m. so you may wish to get here early. Ceremony line up will be at 1:15 p.m. STUDENTS MUST BE CHECKED-IN BY 1:10 PM OR THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MARCH. Please send your guests to the ballroom for seating.
Please wear your robe, cap, honor cord (if applicable) and bring your hood. ALL graduates will be hooded on stage during the ceremony. Do not bring extra items other than a cell phone or small purse. You will not be allowed to march in procession with extra possessions. Ladies, please limit your purse to a small clutch or shoulder bag worn discreetly under your robe. Note: there is no storage in the West Exhibit Area and any items left behind may be thrown away at the discretion of the staff.
Family and friends are invited to attend the ceremony. Students are limited to 10 (ten) guests. Request tickets here.
Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions
P.O. Box 3995
Atlanta, GA 30302-3995
Parking and Transportation
Parking will be available at G deck for approximately $10 per car. See the campus map. For more detailed map visit www.gsu.edu
From the Interstates
Exit at #246 (Central Avenue/Fulton Street). Bear to the right on the exit ramp following the signs to Fulton Street. At the light, turn right on Fulton Street. At the next traffic light, turn left on Capitol Avenue. Pass the Capitol Building and go straight. Capitol becomes Piedmont Avenue. You will pass under the MARTA rail line. At the next traffic lights turn left onto Decatur Street. Pass in front of the Sports Arena and make the next left on Collins Street and follow the signs into the G parking deck.
Exit 248A for ML King Jr Dr toward State Capitol/Turner Field. Keep right, follow signs for Jesse Hill Jr Dr and merge onto Jesse Hill Jr Dr SE. Turn left onto Decatur St SE. Cross Piedmont Avenue, p Pass in front of the Sports Arena and make the next left on Collins Street and follow the signs into the G parking deck.
From I-20 Eastbound
Exit #56B (Windsor/Spring Street), go straight to the third traffic light. Take a left on Central Avenue. Pass upper levels of Underground Atlanta. At next light, turn right on to Decatur Street and cross under one pedestrian overpass. Before the next overpass turn right on Collins Street and follow the signs into the G parking deck.
From I-20 Westbound
Exit #58A (Capitol Avenue) and turn right at the light. Stay on Capitol Avenue, which changes into Piedmont Avenue. You will pass under the MARTA rail line. At the next traffic lights turn left onto Decatur Street. Pass in front of the Sports Arena and make the next left on Collins Street and follow the signs into the G parking deck.
Directions from Parking to Event
Walking directions to Student Center East from "G" parking deck:
- After parking, take the elevator to the 4th floor.
- Exit the left parking deck to your left. You should pass an attendant's booth on the way out.
- At the exit, turn left on Courtland Street and walk a long block to the intersection of Gilmer Street.
- Cross Gilmer Street to your right and enter the Student Center East from the plaza.
Parking for disabled guests with valid state of Georgia handicapped placard is available on the first level of G deck. If you have guests that need wheelchair accommodations, please let us know ASAP.
We recommend that you use the right lane along Gilmer Street nearest Piedmont Avenue to drop off any guests with mobility issues. We will have Student Ambassadors on hand to assist them.