PhD, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
MHP, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
BSN, Yonsei Univeristy, Seoul, South Korea
Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby/ Neurology and Neurosurgery Nursing
Health and well-being of mothers who have children with developmental disabilities and the effects of mothers’ stress and impaired sleep on health outcomes in this population.
- Lee, J., & Spratling, R. (2014). Care of gastrostomy feeding tube in children with developmental disabilities. Rehabilitation Nursing, 39, 221-224. doi: 10.1002rnj.144
- Lee, J. (2013). Maternal stress, well-being, and impaired sleep in mothers of childre with developmental disabilities: A literature review. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 34(11), 4255-4273. doi: 10.1016/j.ridd.2013.09.008
- Lee, J., Clark, P.C., Sevcik, R., & Spratling, R. (2016). Maternal stress and well-being in mothers of middle childhood children with developmental disabilities: The mediating role of sleep quality. (Poster Presentation). American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Lee, J., Clark, P.C., & Spratling, R. (2016). Self-reported sleep characteristics of mothers of children with developmental disabilities: Associations with maternal and child characteristics. (Poster and Podium Presentation). Annual Southern Nursing Research Society (SNRS) Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Lee, J. (2014). Maternal stress, sleep, and well-being in mothers of children with developmental disabialties. Annual Georgia Nursing Leadership Coalition Doctoral Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Lee, J. (2013). Perceived sleep quality, daytime sleepiness, and influencing factors among female college students. (Poster Presentation). Annual Southern Nursing Research Society (SNRS) Conference, Little Rock, AR.
Georgia Leadership & Education in Neurodevelopment Disabilities (GaLEND) 2016 – Present Center for Research on Atypical Development and Learning (CRADL) 2015 – Present Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science 2014 – Present
Research in Developmental Disabilities
2014 – Present Southern Nurses Research Society 2008 – Present
Awards and Honors
Georgia Nursing Leadership Coalition Doctoral Award 2014 Kaiser Permanente Doctoral Student Award 2014 Georgia State University Nursing Student Research Award 2012 Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Alpha Epsilon Chapter 2007